We are currently recruiting for a driven and talented Junior Sommelier to join our team at Bel & The Dragon, Cookham. For us, our wine list is more than just a list – it’s a source of pride.
We are looking for an individual with bags of energy, a passion for wine and the personality to convey this to fellow team members and our guests. If you’re looking to take the first step into the wine world, this could be the perfect role for you to develop.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the finest wines in the world, access to formal training and a wealth of tasting opportunities.
You’ll be responsible for:
- All aspects of wine service within the restaurant
- Maintaining quality of service in the bar, and the condition of the wine cellar
- Running frequent training sessions for the team, conveying your passion to them
- Assisting our Head of All Things Wine with training and events
- Working as part of the wider team during service
- Previous food and beverage experience in a similar environment
- Experience working with, recommending and serving wine to discerning guests
- An out-going, inspirational personality
- A desire to exceed guest expectations and work as part of a team
- A minimum of WSET L2, L3 preferable
We can offer the successful Junior Sommelier an excellent starting salary of up to £23k (dependent on experience) and offer the opportunity to further increase their remuneration package after 3 months with us; as well as team discount and a wide variety of incentives.
This Junior Sommelier role is a full time, permanent role based on a contract of 48 hours per week.
Posted 14th May 2018