Summer Drawing Competition
1st August 2016 by
Aged 12 years or younger? Read on…
To celebrate Bel & The Dragon’s 6th anniversary and the beginning of the summer holidays, we have launched a Drawing Competition for children aged 12 years & younger, which will run for the whole month of August. We are appealing to all young budding artists throughout the South of England, to draw & send us a picture of a dragon enjoying their summer holiday.
In collaboration with Bloomsbury Children’s Books, 7 lucky winners will receive a copy of the delicious picture book The Great Dragon Bake Off by Nicola O’Byrne, and the overall winner will also enjoy a complimentary Sunday lunch with the family at Bel & The Dragon.
How to enter
Visit your nearest Bel & The Dragon, throughout August for lunch or dinner, where you will find an entry form on the back of the Children’s Menu.
Either enter your artwork by handing it to a member of the team at the end of your meal or alternatively finish it at home and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Bel & The Dragon, Central Office – Marketing Team, Blakes Lock, Gas Works Road, Reading. RG1 3EQ, by 5pm on Wednesday 31st August 2016.
Looking for inspiration?
If you need a little help getting started then Nicola O’Byrne’s How To Draw a Dragon guide is a great place to begin.
About the book…
At the Ferocious Dragon Academy, dragons-in-training learn the arts of bone crunching and teeth sharpening. But there is one dragon who harbours a passion for a most undragonlike pastime . . .
Meet Flamie Oliver. To look at, Flamie is as terrifying as a dragon can get. But behind closed doors, Flamie is a stupendously spectacular Star Baker! That’s right – choux, rough, salty, sweet and puff – Flamie loves it all. In fact, he loves baking so much that his studies at the Ferocious Dragon Academy are starting to suffer, and there’s a chance he won’t graduate! Flamie’s going to need a real showstopper to get out of this one.
On your marks, get set . . . BAKE!
- 7 winners will be selected (1 winner per Bel & The Dragon) to win a copy of The Great Dragon Bake Off by Nicola O’Byrne
- 1 overall winner will be chosen from the 7 winners to also enjoy Sunday Lunch at their Bel & The Dragon of choice.
- Sunday lunch is based on 2 adults & up to 3 children aged 12 years or younger and is valid until 30th November 2016, subject to availability.
- Entrants must be aged 12 years & younger. One entry per person.
- The closing date is 5pm on Wednesday 31st August 2016. Entries received after this time will not be submitted to the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will not be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.
- We reserve the right to update or amend this competition at any time without prior consent.